Still getting my head around it...


celebrating my 60th birthday Sept.8th 2014



There are lots of great things about being retired that I like, number one not having to commute into work in all weathers. I used to get up at 5.15 am every weekday and was so knackered when I got home that I didn't do more than watch TV, especially TV where I didn't really have to engage brain. Then the weekends went by in a flurry of trying to squeeze seeing the grandchildren, catching up on the housework , shopping and trying to fit in walking (we live in a beautiful part of the country.) Monday morning saw me exhausted on the 6.30am train to Manchester to begin the whole cycle again.
And I fully believed that's how things would continue until I was 66.
Now apart from taking care of my husband my time is my own,  Yet I feel adrift, no real goal or aim in sight. Would I go back to work if my husband's health improved, probably not I'm enjoying my freedom too much...but,
I don't know what it is but, there is a but...!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Forward ...life goes on.

Chitting potatoes

A year later...