Nearly Christmas...




Loving life and loving the time I have now I'm retired...it's wonderful.

I've looked at the list of some of the things I intended to do now I'm retired


Top of the list was writing....haven't got to grips with this yet.

But upcycling old sideboard has been done, probably needs another coat,
 but pretty pleased with it.
Room still needs decorating.
Knitted a pair of gloves and nearly finished a cardigan.
Have spent lots of time in the garden and have cleared, hedges, huge conifers and shrubs. So I now have flower beds I can work with next year.
Still thinking of chickens, but undecided as yet it's a question of space.  But I'm definitely planning planting, cauliflowers, cabbages and courgettes.(Staples on a low carb high fat diet 'LCHF')
 I would like a small greenhouse and then I'l grow tomatoes (again a question of space) Lots of plans and lots of time come next year.  At the moment everything is wet and the lawn is so boggy...but it could be worse at least we're not flooded!

Definitely more time with family, but most of all I'm not shattered from a weeks work when I see them, so enjoying their company even more. 
I've spent hours researching and learning to cook the LCHF way. It's helped me lose weight which I'm now maintaining. I would like to lose another stone but I'm going to enjoy Christmas first....yummy!
Something not on my list was reading and I have to say I've totally indulged myself sometimes reading 4-5 books a week. All borrowed for free from the local library.  I've discovered new to me authors.
 I'm currently reading Game of Thrones, which I'm loving!!






Looking forward to the New Year and a wealth of time to do exactly what I like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Forward ...life goes on.

Chitting potatoes

How much can I cram into my life?