Looking Forward ...life goes on.

 

In May 2020, my wonderful husband and lifetime companion died of pancreatic cancer.  Honestly, I didn't want to go on without him, he was my confidant, my counselor, and he kept me grounded when the world seemed to go mad. 


But I have children, grandchildren, and now great-grandchildren (at 67 I'm really not old enough!)  I'm blessed so much and with good health.  So almost two years on, I'm putting my life back together. 

I still have the mornings when I'd rather pull the covers over my head and not get up, but I live in a first-floor apartment, and Taffie my lab collie cross, has to go out...and she lets me know! Bless her. 

At night, memories haunt me, and sometimes in the half-waking, half-sleeping hours I forget and talk to him, think he's next to me, reach out and remember.

So I plan, I'm a planner and God has gifted me with life, to live and live to the full.  It begins each morning by getting out of bed, giving thanks, and walking Taffie.  I live in a beautiful part of the world in the High Peaks in Derbyshire. 




 Then the rest of my morning is spent studying and writing.

2022, I began a Charis bible course, and I returned to my writing course.  The Writers' Bureau course

(The writing course has been going on for years...but this year I'll achieve paid publication.)  I've also been editing a non-profit-making magazine for over a year now.

And weight is a constant source of frustration for me... I've one and a half stones/twenty-one lbs to lose to reach my target weight. So diet begins Monday.  More on that in later blogs, but I'm returning to Keto.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chitting potatoes

How much can I cram into my life?