One year in..I don't count the days...I make every day count!




It's a year since I retired and I think somewhere at the back of my mind I sort of thought I might go back to work within six months, perhaps 3 days a week..

I'm surprised that I'm actually getting used to being retired. No it's more than that I'm enjoying every minute...It's having time.


It was when I was a child I first heard the lines of W H Davies poem:


 What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

http://www.davidpbrown.co.uk/poetry/william-henry-davies.html

It's a refrain that's often come back to me throughout the busyness of life. Latterly trying to balance homelife, family, work I've longed to stand still, but there's always been something that has demanded my time and attention...

For the first time in a long time I feel free, free to please myself how I spend my day.


Walking the dog has become a regular activity, and I've found myself literally standing and staring at cows, while they've stared back. I walk in all weathers and with all the recent rain the puddles in the lanes are pretty deep, so I've bought myself some Muck boots purely from a practical point of view...





Very practical for sloshing through puddles... so... it's the kind of thing I've not done since I was about seven, I got too sensible, and No I'm not entering a second childhood...it's just such good fun!!





And today, well today was a good day for staring at the view...
View from my front door looking towards Kinder




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Forward ...life goes on.

Chitting potatoes

A year later...